Federal Agency Cutting Funds for Cancer Research and Medicare, to Aid Illegal Alien Minors
President Barack Obama’s administration has transferred $167 million in just one month from programs which aid Americans to the programs which feed, house, school, and entertain a wave of illegal alien minors.
Obama’s deputies are delivering an average of 255 illegal alien minors every day to Office of Refugee Resettlement at the Department of Health and Human Service, which already has 11,200 illegals in its care as of Nov. 27. HHS is getting the money for the illegals by cutting funds from programs which benefit vulnerable Americans.
The non-partisan Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) reports that the cuts took:
- “$14 million from the Health Resources and Services Administration, including $4.5 million from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and $2 million from the Maternal and Child Health program;
- $14 million from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for contagious disease prevention and treatment and other critical public health programs;
- $72 million from the National Institutes of Health, for research on cancer, diabetes, drug abuse, mental health, infectious diseases and much more;
- $8 million from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, for treatment and prevention programs;
- $8 million from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
- $39 million from the Children and Families Services Program;
- $4 million from the Aging and Disability Services Programs;
- $3 million from the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund, including more than $1 million from the Pandemic Influenza and BioShield Fund.”
Also, HHS wants Congress to provide it with another $1 billion to $2 billion by Dec. 9 to “meet our legal and humanitarian obligations” and avoid “stranding” illegal aliens at the border.
CIS found that in October alone, immigration authorities apprehended 46,195 illegal aliens attempting to cross the border, which is the most massive surge since June 2014.